Senior Backup Engineer / Administrator
Requisition Number: 309004
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 309004
Our client is a premier technology integrator with approximately 33,000 employees worldwide. With a strong commitment to supporting programs of national importance, our client is able to help solve our country’s most significant problems. They are currently looking for a Senior Backup Engineer / Administrator to join their incredible team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Senior Backup Engineer / Administrator:
- Provide administrative support for storage and backup systems
- Provide technical support for storage and backup management and monitoring solutions
- Research and recommend new technologies to enhance enterprise capabilities
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of data replication services and remote backups
Requirements of the Senior Backup Engineer / Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject or at least 5 years of related work experience
- Expertise in Storage and data backup technologies and tape hardware architecture
- Proficiency in Storage virtualization, data center infrastructure, and SAN/NAS technologies
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, including the ability to effectively communicate technical standards
- Demonstrated ability with problem solving techniques to drive issue resolution
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to support storage and backup in a production environment with rotating on-call duties required
Keywords: Senior Engineer, Backup and Storage, Administrator, Storage Virtualization, Data Center Infrastructure, SAN, NAS
Job ID: 309004
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts