Jersey City, NJ
Requisition Number: 309010
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 309010
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be playing a critical role in a large scale application migration effort (brownfield to greenfield). The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge and experience with cloud computing concepts and containerization (ideally with Docker), automation (scripting), and have a strong background in Object Oriented Programming (specifically with Java). What might set you apart from the pack is having recent experience with infrastructure level platform development, cloud security concepts, and experience with Restful API’s.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer:
- Research, design, develop, and implement software components for the cloud platform
- Develop features in a fast-paced Agile environment requiring quick prototyping and iterations
- Modify or extend maintained code as part of an open source project
- Utilize OO development and systems engineering skills
- Utilize Terraform, Salt, and Puppet to automate on Linux and Windows OS
Requirements of the DevOps Engineer
- 5-10 years of DevOps Engineering/Automation experience
- Experience with DevOps and automation infrastructure tools (Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge of internal structure of indexes, statistics and system information schemas
- Experience with Software Test Automation, and automation scripting (Shell scripting)
- Strong background in Java programming
- Restful APIs (parsing JSON)
Job ID: 309010
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts