Senior/Lead Infrastructure Engineer - FTE
Requisition Number: 309018
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 309018
Our well established, industry-leading client is seeking an experienced Senior/Lead Infrastructure Engineer to join their dedicated team.
This is an exciting full-time, permanent hire opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Senior/Lead Infrastructure Engineer:
- Establish and maintain enterprise desktop and laptop, as well as desktop OS, system standards and road maps, for both Windows and Mac OS
- Work with technical and business teams to ensure all desktop systems are optimally configured for performance and security
- Liaise with IT business partners and application architects to ensure systems designs related to the desktop enable the environment to meet business needs
- Develop and maintain a desktop patching process to ensure all company owned devices are kept updated, including security updates
- Serve as the lead on desktop and mobile device systems and initiatives
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues or impediments effectively and efficiently
- Provide operational, technical, and analytical support for desktop and mobile device services
- Evaluate and recommend hardware, software, and utilities to improve support for end user environment
- Establish procedures for automating system builds and updates
Requirements of the Senior/Lead Infrastructure Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; or, the equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 6 years of experience in desktop engineering required; 8 or more years preferred
- Experience with operating systems upgrades on an enterprise level (Windows 7 to 10)
- Expertise in deploying and maintaining SCCM
- Experience automating application delivery to desktop and mobile devices
- Experience developing and implementing desktop and end user services road maps
- Experience managing devices with MDM platforms (JAMF, MS Intune)
- Experiencing managing Active Directory (Group Policy, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience managing Office 365 Exchange, OneDrive, etc.
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills to balance service/project work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to connect with customer, senior leadership, and colleagues
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Available for on-call evening/weekend support
- GxP experience and experience working within the ITIL framework highly desired
- Required technical skills:
- Desktop/Laptop Hardware (e.g. Dell, Lenovo, Mac)
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Mac Operating Systems (OS X 10.x)
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 (Exchange, Skype, OneDrive) Administration
- WebEx Administration (desirable)
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- End Point Protection and Encryption (Sophos, Symantec, BitLocker)
- Scripting with PowerShell, WMI, Perl or similar toolsets
Keywords: Senior, Lead, Infrastructure Engineer, Windows, Mac, Windows Upgrade, JAMF, MS Intune, Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365, GxP, ITIL Framework
Job ID: 309018
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts