Scala Big Data Engineer
Requisition Number: 309299
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 309299
We have an excellent opportunity for a Scala Big Data Engineer who will design and develop software applications and platform components in an Agile development environment. You will develop, build, and deploy high performing, highly scalable solutions that meet business needs.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Scala Big Data Engineer:
- Participate in the design, build, and maintenance of large scale data structures and processing pipelines for data ingestion and management
- Design and build unit testing, integration testing, load testing, and user acceptance testing
- Partner with leadership to clarify and refine requirements; implement solutions that meet specifications and drive business objectives
Requirements of the Scala Big Data Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline
- At least 5 years of work experience in an IT role, working with Java, Scala, or Python
- At least 3 years of experience with databases and SQL (Oracle preferred)
- Solid and substantial experience designing and developing scalable data applications using Spark and Hortonworks
- Strong experience with enterprise technologies and principles, including SOA, REST
- Experience with Maven, Gradle, SBT, Bamboo, or Jenkins is a plus
- Healthcare domain experience is a plus
Keywords: Scala, Big Data, Engineer, Data Ingestion, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Load Testing, User Acceptance Testing, UAT, Java, Python, SQL, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, Spark, Hortonworks, SOA, Service Oriented Architecture, REST, Maven, Gradle, SBT, Bamboo, Jenkins, Healthcare
Job ID: 309299
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts