Requisition Number: 309310
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 309310
Our highly regarded client develops next generation technologies to solve real world problems. They provide an excellent work environment, and a rare multi-year contract, for a strong System Administrator. You will be expected to support a diverse set of IT activities, including significant Linux-based project support.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance.
Responsibilities of the System Administrator:
- Configure, manage, and maintain Linux, Windows, and Mac systems
- Collaborate with team to support desktop users, enterprise infrastructure, and IT equipment
- Support software development teams in the installation and support of a variety of development tools
- Support field test deployments, including on-site setup and networking, test support, and data management
- Ensure compliance with Information Assurance (IA) requirements
- Coordinate troubleshooting and repair of servers, applications, and systems
Requirements of the System Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in an enterprise IT environment
- Solid knowledge of RHEL/CentOS system administration
- Proficiency in multiple common scripting languages, sh/csh/zsh, Perl, Python
- Strong knowledge of Windows desktop and server administration
- Familiarity with x86-based computer hardware
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Possession of/the ability to obtain Security+ and Linux+ certifications is ideal
Keywords: System Administrator, Linux, Windows, Mac, RHEL, CentOS, Information Assurance, IA, sh/csh/zsh, Perl, Python, Security+, Linux+
Job ID: 309310
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts