Application Security Engineer
Requisition Number: 309368
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 309368
Our client is a Boston-based financial investment firm that serves over twenty million customers. They employ tens of thousands of individuals and manage trillions of dollars in assets. With almost a century of experience, this financial services company is an industry leader, both nationally and globally. Our client is known for being a great place to work, and they are looking for an Application Security Engineer to join their team.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Application Security Engineer:
- Ensure web application security; maintain and create secure development practices for application development teams
- Run applications through Veracode software in the SDLC to ensure the absence of security defects prior to production
- Perform positive/negative testing to find defects to improve quality
Requirements of the Application Security Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of Information Security experience
- At least 2 years of Application Security experience required
- Experience with Veracode or other relevant technologies (HP Fortify or Checkmarx) is required
- Security Certifications highly preferred (Tia Security+, CISM, CEH)
- Understanding of the basic concepts of programming (object-oriented, functional patterns, etc.)
- Familiarity with the OWASP Top 10
- Proficient at the secure software development lifecycle and DevSecOps
- Understanding of SAST concepts
- Development experience is only a plus (mostly Java, C#.NET, PHP, .Net, C/C++, Python, Ruby, SQL, etc.)
- Pluses: CISSP, CSSLP
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Close attention to detail
Job ID: 309368
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts