Lead DevOps Engineer
Annapolis Junction, MD
Requisition Number: 309513
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 309513
Eliassen is currently hiring for a Lead DevOps Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD for a multi-year contract supporting a large government agency. We have had a relationship with this customer since 2006! We’re standing up a brand new team of DevOps experts to help shape the future of this customer’s IT environment for years to come. This is a new addition to our contract but these roles are funded and ready to go! Join us!
This is a full-time, permanent position!
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident with an active DoD Secret Clearance.
Responsibilities of the Lead DevOps Engineer:
- Enable and support the automation of established business practices
- Support the build of new systems environments and upgrades of existing ones with automation tools
- Provide hands-on support and maintenance for the development of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Design and develop components, code, and document custom automation frameworks and maintain scripts
- Analyze infrastructure and automation requirements and code development
- Utilize scripting skills to build automation and tools (Chef, Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python, csh)
- Work with Red Hat product stack, virtualization, API development, middleware storage, messaging, and cloud technology
- Monitor system and application performance for error detection, apply testing methodologies, and interpret data
Requirements of the Lead DevOps Engineer:
- Experience with DevOps concepts
- Strong automation skills
- Experience with RHEL and Windows operating systems
- Understanding of full life cycle configuration management
- High degree of flexibility and willing to quickly learn new tools and methods
- Technical experience in the following areas:
- IBM PowerVC/Openstack
- DB2, SQL, Oracle
- High availability architectures and concepts (HACMP/PowerHA)
- Enterprise backup/restore architectures and concepts including TSM
- Strategies for database backups, file system backups
- CI/CD testing and deployment tools such Jenkins, GIT
- Firewall architectures and Network Security concepts
Keywords: Lead Engineer, DevOps, Automation, RHEL, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows, IaC, Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management, Git, Chef, Solarwinds, Ruby, Terraform, Pack, Vault, Bash, Perl, Python, csh, NIM Server, Satellite Server
Job ID: 309513
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts