College Park, MD
Requisition Number: 308955
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 308955
Our industry-leading client is seeking a Network Engineer to join their dedicated team in Adelphi, MD.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust clearance or higher.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Network Engineer:
- Ensure all network devices are appropriately monitored and maintained
- Log incidents and requests in the established ticket tracking system and track problem resolution
- Work with vendors to resolve hardware operating system issues; implement solutions
- Enforce network security and installation procedures
- Assist with the design and deployment of managed LANs, WANs, and wireless networks
- Install, test, and troubleshoot network systems hardware and software
- Create and maintain documentation related to network configuration and operations
Requirements of the Network Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline is highly desirable
- At least 5 years of relevant technical experience, including at least 1 year in a multi-shift Network Operations Center environment
- CCNA certification required; CCNP certification preferred
- Experience with ITIL server management frameworks, ServiceNow strongly preferred
- Experience with Solarwinds configuration management, reports generations
- Demonstrated experience in Layer 2 based protocols in a Cisco environment
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 routing protocols in a Cisco environment
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and systems performance monitoring
- Valid driver's license for local travel
- Routers, firewalls, and switches installation, configuration, upgrading
- Experience with Cisco network systems platform, Palo Alto/Juniper firewalls, Wireless, Cisco Call Manager
- Working knowledge of Unix and Server-based systems
Keywords: Network Engineer, CCNA, CCNP, Network Operations Center, ServiceNow, Solarwinds, Cisco, Routing, Switches, Firewalls, Palo Alto, Juniper
Job ID: 308955
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts