CICS Systems Engineer
Woodland Park, NJ
Requisition Number: 309657
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 309657
Our client is one of the largest asset management firms in the world, with over 50,000 employees across 35 countries. They are committed to excellence for their customers and employees. Our client is dedicated to diversity and inclusion within the workplace that extends to their culture of social responsibility. They are currently seeking a CICS Systems Engineer to join their innovative team.
Please note, this position can sit in either Woodland Park, NJ or Everett, MA.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the CICS Systems Engineer:
- Administer a large CICS production and test environment
- Administer 3rd party systems software, including CICS system utilities and application software development libraries (COBOL, JCL, PROCs, PARMs)
- Develop, design, maintain, test, document and deploy CICS systems-level and application software features and changes
- Create new or modify existing CICS regions in support of new applications or CICS architecture re-engineering initiatives
- Resolve problems, including diagnosis and root-cause analysis of CICS application software problems, configuration, and/or software-related problems
- Install and maintain installation and maintenance of CICS software (Including CPSM support) and third party vendor software to maintain a reliable and stable infrastructure
Requirements of the CICS Systems Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience performing CICS installations, maintenance, and migrations, including troubleshooting
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust CICS performance and utilization
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify creative solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to support SYSPLEX/CICSPLEX environment
- Ability to find and remediate CICS application interdependencies
- Experience upgrading CICS/TS regions to newer releases
- Exceptional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the following: z/OS/MVS, JES3, VTAM, RACF, TSO/ISPF, RMM and other IBM and 3rd-party vendor mainframe software
- Understanding of IP Port Sharing
Keywords: CICS Systems Engineer, Customer Information Control System, COBOL, JCL, PROCs, PARMs, SYSPLEX, CICSPLEX, z/OS/MVS, JES2, VTAM, RACF, TSO/ISPF, RMM, IP Port Sharing
Job ID: 309657
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts