Sr. Big Data Developer, Hadoop, Spark, Investments
Requisition Number: 309865
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 309865
Our client is a Boston-based financial investment firm that serves over twenty million customers. They employ tens of thousands of individuals and manage trillions of dollars in assets. With almost a century of experience, this financial services company is an industry leader, both nationally and globally. Our client is known for being a great place to work, and they are looking for a Senior Big Data Developer with experience in Hadoop and Spark to join their team.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Senior Big Data Developer:
- Work within a team to develop quantitative calculation and modeling applications
- Utilize solid understanding of data flow from database into AWS cloud and back
- Write programs to perform calculations across Spark clusters
- Help build microservices and web services
Requirements of the Senior Big Data Developer:
- At least 4 years of experience in the investment industry, building computing algorithms with web services and UI development
- AWS/Azure/Google Cloud certifications - experience using cloud infrastructure
- Strong Java, Scala, Python, R, and Spark skills (clustering experience a must)
- Extensive SQL, PL/SQL development experience
- Hands-on experience with UI packages (Kendo UI, Angular, Shiny, jQuery, HTML5)
- Expertise in open source streaming products, microservices, and Message Oriented Middleware
- Experience with MapReduce, and Hive
Keywords: Senior Big Data Developer, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Java, Scala, Python, R, Spark, SQL, PL/SQL, Kendo UI, Angular, Shiny, jQuery, HTML5, MapReduce, Hive
Job ID: 309865
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts