Requisition Number: 309872
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 309872
Our client is an international information technology and solutions consulting company. The company is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the United States through the delivery of innovative, next-generation IT solutions. They are currently seeking a Security Engineer to join their dedicated team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Security Engineer:
- Coordinate resources; consolidate log data into a centralized system (LogRhythm/Splunk) for analysis by other threat specialists
- Perform event monitoring and management as well as configuration of Splunk, FireEye, McAfee EPO, WebSense, Symantec A/V, PhishMe, and WireShark
- Review audit logs and identify suspicious behavior
- Provide attack detection and analysis; support incident response
- Proactively monitor SOC tools
Requirements of the Security Engineer:
- At least 3 years of experience in an enterprise level IT security environment
- At least 3 years of Splunk experience
- At least 3 years of experience in security related tools like FireEye, WebSense, Symantec, and McAfee EPO
- Proficiency using PCAP
- Understanding of threat detection and analysis protocols
- Experience with PowerShell, Python, or similar scripting language
- Knowledge of network, network protocols, and OSI model
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows 7 & 10, and VDI
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
Keywords: Security Engineer, Splunk, FireEye, WebSense, Symantec, McAfee EPO, PowerShell, Python, Linux, Windows, VDI
Job ID: 309872
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts