Security Development Engineer
Saint Louis, MO
Requisition Number: 306325
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 306325
Our industry-leading client in the Atlanta, GA area is looking for a Security Development Engineer to represent the security policies, practices and tooling of the global security team to the development team. Your responsibilities will include providing security expertise to safeguard applications on the internal private and public clouds like AWS and Azure, working across to disciplines to secure these applications, and participating in in-depth reviews of the architecture, design, implementation and maintenance of the business applications.
Requirements for Security Development Engineer:
- Understanding of cryptographic algorithms, code scans, compliance, and encryption
- Experience with ethical hacks
- Azure and/or AWS security standards
- Certified Ethical Hacker certs are a plus, not required
Responsibilities for Security Development Engineer:
- Works with key stakeholders including enterprise security leadership to track open issues and follow up to resolution
- Ensures scan and pen test results are analyzed in a timely manner and captured in the bug tracking system to enable review and prioritization
- Categorizes issues per the pre-defined process and works with key stakeholders like product management, R&D and business owners to ensure resolution
- Works with key stakeholders like Dev Ops, Infrastructure et al to build security hardened tech stacks are used for development and production
- Responsible for leading, assisting resolution of identified security issues, when appropriate resolving the issues via code changes, configuration changes etc.
- Designs, develops, and implements software solutions guided by organizational standards and processes, but not constrained by them, to promote automation and efficiencies in support of the security program’s goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with developers, analysts, engineers, and managers to identify and implement software solutions that meet security policies and practices.
- Brings existing security tool stack to bear on development problems
- Identifies security requirements and related controls that may be more easily or quickly satisfied or implemented through software-enabled mechanisms and processes.
Job Order: 307650
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts