Cyber Security Engineer
Requisition Number: 309978
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 309978
Our client located in the Cincinnati area is looking for a passionate Cyber Security Engineer to join their team! You will be responsible for handling escalated incidents of all severities using proper investigation techniques, processes, and procedures. In this role, you will work with their managed security service provider (MSSP) to tune rules for detection of threats, while minimizing false positives/false negatives.
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity offering free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking.
Pay: $100,000 to $105,000 offering full Medical, Dental, Vision & 401k
Required Experience of the Cyber Security Engineer:
- Linux-based and MS Windows-based system platforms.
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security issues.
- Understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and a strong understanding of TCP/IP networks.
- Fundamental or greater understanding of encryption technologies.
- Basic experience with one or more scripting languages (examples: Python, Perl, Java, or Ruby)
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management practices, systems and controls.
- Experience with security tools including but not limited to IDS (Snort or Suricata preferred), IPS, data analytics software, SIEM solutions (QRadar preferred), web application firewall (WAF), malware analysis, knowledge base platforms, and live response/forensics tools. #eg1989
For immediate consideration, please send a MS Word copy of your resume to: email@example.com
Keywords: Cyber, Security, MSSP, SIEM, Windows, Linux, TCP/IP, Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, IDS, Snort, Suricata, IPS, Qradar, WAF
Job ID: 309978
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts