Windows / VMware Systems Administrator
Requisition Number: 310274
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 310274
Our client is a premier technology integrator with approximately 33,000 employees worldwide. With a strong commitment to supporting programs of national importance, our client is able to help solve our country’s most significant problems. They are currently looking for a Windows / VMware Systems Administrator to join their incredible team.
This position requires a DOJ security investigation for access to sensitive, unclassified information.
Responsibilities of the Windows/ / VMware Systems Administrator:
- Manage and maintain Windows and VMware servers in the customer data centers
- Design, build, test, and implement application upgrades within established timelines
- Provide expertise in migrations to managed services
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and execution
- Support data center consolidation efforts
- Set up administrator and service account, performance tune system, install system wide software
- Evaluate hardware and software to offer recommendations for improved processes
- Apply security settings and best practices
Requirements of the Windows / VMware Systems Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline
- At least 8 years of related experience in a Windows server environment
- Solid hands-on knowledge and experience with Windows and VMware server administration required
- Strong understanding of Windows Server design, configuration, and administration
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Group Policy Management and Local Security Policies
- Experience using Windows Task Scheduler
- Experience with system and application installation and configuration
- Ability to perform system monitoring with both internal and external tools
- Experience with troubleshooting, maintaining, and configuring virtual and cloud environments
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Keywords: Windows Systems Administrator, VMware Systems Administrator, PowerShell, Group Policy, Security Policies, Windows Task Scheduler
Job ID: 310274
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts