Linux Systems Administrator
New York, NY
Requisition Number: 310275
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 310275
Our globally recognized client is seeking a Systems Administrator to join their Linux team. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership in design, development, installation and maintenance of hardware and software for High Performance Computing (HPC) systems and/or shared enterprise services.
Responsibilities of the Linux Systems Administrator:
- Maintain and monitor systems for performance and security; analyze discrepancies; troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Plan, implement, document, and maintain systems to support organizational applications and enhance system computing environment
- Oversee and fine-tune system configuration to promote reliability and performance
- Perform file management and administration tasks
- Develop monitoring and testing tools
- Ensure optimal operational performance of system
- Maintain updated knowledge of hardware and software capabilities
Requirements of the Linux Systems Administrator:
- At least 3 years of experience as a Linux/Unix System Administrator: installation, maintenance, and support
- Experience with OS, servers, hardware, network administration, authentication systems, client-server applications, system enhancements, and programming
- Proficiency in multi-vendor hardware/software management, security, and network/internet protocols
- Skilled in problem identification and resolution, performance management and tuning, and design configuration and planning
- Ability to lead and management complex, large-scale computing systems projects
- Proficiency in Ansible automation set up and implementation, with strong knowledge of YAML language
- Experience with OpenStack and OpenShift system administration is a plus
Keywords: Linux Systems Administrator, Unix, Performance Management, Performance Tuning, Design Configuration, Ansible, YAML, OpenStack, OpenShift
Job ID: 310275
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts