Principal Systems Engineer
Falls Church, VA
Requisition Number: 310344
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 310344
Our client is a global aerospace and defense company with locations in 43 countries. People around the word depend on our client’s products that range from combat vehicles to communications systems. They currently have an opening for a Principal Systems Engineer to join their team.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Principal Systems Engineer:
- Participate and provide technical leadership to the engineering team
- Design, document, and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems
- Plan, manage schedule, and provide timely status updates
- Quickly learn new tools and resolve issues
- Prepare and manage new systems; follow documentation guidelines for transition to operations
- Liaise and meet with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
Requirements of the Principal Systems Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- At least 8 years of related systems engineering experience
- Security+CE Certification
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or equivalent
- Experience with MS clustering and high availability
- Advanced experience with enterprise solutions using MS, HP, and VMware 5.x and 6.x
- Active Directory, Group Policy, HP Blade, Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2, SQL Server 2012/2014, and Veeam backup and replication
- Hands-on experience with tiered storage, replication, and snap shot technologies
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems - RHEL preferred
- Basic knowledge of Oracle
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking, VPN's, switching, and routing
- Strong VMware skills required, including troubleshooting
- Familiarity with change management and process management
- Backup and disaster recovery design and implementation experience
- Proactive, innovative thinker with strong technical leadership skills
Keywords: Principal Systems Engineer, Technical Leadership, Security+CE, MCSE, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, VMware, Active Directory, Group Policy, HP Blade, Windows Server, SQL Server, Veeam, Linux, RHEL, Oracle, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, Switches, Routers
Job ID: 310344
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts