Requisition Number: 310505
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 310505
Our client is a premier technology integrator with approximately 33,000 employees worldwide. With a strong commitment to supporting programs of national importance, our client is able to help solve our country’s most significant problems. They are currently looking for a Linux/Hadoop Administrator to join their incredible team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident with the ability to obtain a government clearance.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Linux/Hadoop Administrator:
- Maintain and upgrade Linux OS
- Participate in troubleshooting of the operating system and application environment
- Design, install, and configure Hadoop Clusters, including RHEL OS
- Maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot Hadoop cluster services and components
- Monitor jobs, queues, and HDFS capacity
Requirements of the Linux/Hadoop Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field
- At least 5 years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- At least 3 years of experience building and maintaining Cloudera/Hadoop clusters
- Proven experience with automation, including experience creating scripts for automated installs and monitoring
- Advanced Linux/Windows system administration capabilities
- Ability to thrive within a dynamic technology environment
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet and Ansible
- Understanding of basic network concepts, familiarity with TCP/IP and VLAN functionality
- Solid understanding of core services (e.g. LDAP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, NAS)
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (SED, AWK , PHP, Bourne shell, Ruby, Python)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
Keywords: Linux Administrator, Hadoop Administrator, Cloudera, Puppet, Ansible, TCP/IP, VLAN, LDAP, DHCP, Ruby, Python
Job ID: 310505
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts