Lead Big Data Engineer, EMR/AWS, Financial Services
Requisition Number: 310576
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 310576
Our client is a Boston-based financial investment firm that serves over twenty million customers. They employ tens of thousands of individuals and manage trillions of dollars in assets. With almost a century of experience, this financial services company is an industry leader, both nationally and globally. Our client is known for being a great place to work, and they are looking for a Lead Big Data EMR/AWS Engineer to join their team.
1-3 year contract, or contract to hire role. Work to be done at the client site.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Lead Big Data EMR/AWS Engineer :
- Build, along with fellow team members, the discovery and analytics platform
- Migrate data to AWS S3 and other databases
- Build data ingestion pipelines
- Create a framework for self-service data acquisition
- Build data quality processes
- Transition data stores to the cloud
Requirements of the Lead Big Data EMR/AWS Engineer:
- At least 10 years of software development experience
- Solid AWS and EMR experience
- Some exposure to Sqoop
- Python programming experience
- Good Oracle SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Experience building data ingestion on the cloud using Informatica and Talend
- Automation experience relating to deployments (Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation)
- Experience in Big Data technologies - Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- Experience in Oracle database, ETL tools, and application development
Keyword: Lead EMR / AWS Engineer, Big Data Engineer, Sqoop, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Informatica, Talend, Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, ETL, Application Development
Job ID: 310576
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts