Information Security Analyst
New York, NY
Requisition Number: 310664
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 310664
Our distinguished higher education client in NYC is seeking an Information Security Analyst to join their team.
Responsibilities of the Information Security Analyst:
- Monitor firewall and secure email gateway and assist end users
- Evaluate and analyze network, systems, and intrusion detection data to resolve existing and potential security issues
- Perform proactive scanning of the network for potential vulnerabilities and compliance with organizational security standards
- Work with network and system administrators to develop corrective action plans
- Respond to requests in a timely fashion and drive issues to resolutions
- Provide documentation and perform root cause analysis
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends related to network security
Requirements of the Information Security Analyst:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience evaluating IT systems for compliance and vulnerabilities, and providing information security countermeasures
- Experience with network and system diagnostic tools and maintenance
- Ability to use Splunk to detect and investigate security incidents
- Solid understanding of Palo Alto Firewall logs
- Experience with Snort and ArcSight
- Experience performing log analysis
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- Experience with networks in Unix based OS
- Proficient in standard programming and scripting languages (C, C++, Perl)
- TCP/IP networking
Keywords: Information Security Analyst, Cyber Security, Network Security, Splunk, Palo Alto, Snort, ArcSight, Log Analysis, Project Management, Unix, C, C++, Perl, TCP/IP
Job ID: 310664
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts