Requisition Number: 310633
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 310633
Our client is a premier technology integrator with approximately 33,000 employees worldwide. With a strong commitment to supporting programs of national importance, our client is able to help solve our country’s most significant problems. They are currently looking for a System Administrator to join their incredible team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicants must be able to acquire Public Trust Clearance.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the System Administrator:
- Install, configure, operate, and maintain hardware and software systems and related infrastructure
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software, and related artifacts adhere to organizational objectives
- Work with hypervisors to clone and convert virtual images
- Work with developers, engineers, and DBA's to troubleshoot and repair problems in OS installation and virtual cloning process
- Adhere to documented processes for OS installation and configuration
- Ensure project documents are up to date
Requirements of the System Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and at least 8 years of professional experience; or,
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and at least 6 years of professional experience
- Knowledge and experience with Linux OS installation and administration
- Experience with Xen Hypervisor, KVM Hypervisor, PXEBoot, TCP/IP protocol, and SFTP
- Experience with Linux monitoring and troubleshooting tools is preferred
- Experience with Apache Web Server is preferred
Keywords: System Administrator, Linux OS, Xen Hypervisor, KVM Hypervisor, PXEBoot, TCP/IP, SFTP, Apache Web Server, Clearance Job, Public Trust Clearance
Job ID: 310633
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts