Big Data Project Manager
Requisition Number: 310753
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 310753
Our client is a Boston-based financial investment firm that serves over twenty million customers. They employ tens of thousands of individuals and manage trillions of dollars in assets. With almost a century of experience, this financial services company is an industry leader, both nationally and globally. Our client is known for being a great place to work, and they are looking for a Big Data Project Manager to join their team.
In this role, you will partner with project stakeholders and technical resources to manage and deliver world class BI applications.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Requirements of the Big Data Project Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field required
- At least 10 years of overall IT experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing complex data-driven applications
- Expertise developing technology requirements from business specifications
- Experience developing project, release, and migration plans
- In-depth understanding of Hadoop Echo System and HDFS File System
- Exposure to Big Data technologies (Hive, Impala)
- Experience with Cloudera distributed version of Hadoop
- Experience with Oracle databases and PL/SQL programming
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, both Waterfall and Agile
- Experience in an Agile development environment (Kanban and Scrum)
- Ability to ensure communication and coordination across teams
- Solid leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and quickly adjust in a dynamic environment
- Strong facilitation, conflict management, and negotiation skills
Keywords: Big Data Project Manager, Hadoop, HDFS File System, Hive, Impala, Cloudera, Oracle, PL/SQL, Waterfall, Agile, Kanban, Scrum, Facilitation, Conflict Management
Job ID: 310753
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts