Requisition Number: 310752
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 310752
Our client is a Boston-based financial investment firm that serves over twenty million customers. They employ tens of thousands of individuals and manage trillions of dollars in assets. With almost a century of experience, this financial services company is an industry leader, both nationally and globally. Our client is known for being a great place to work, and they are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join their team.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Cloud Engineer:
- Create a reusable framework for Java applications to support an always available system that can be used in an internal VMware environment, internal Kubernetes, and externally in AWS
- Perform stress testing and manual chaos testing of framework to ensure scalability and reliability
- Seamlessly add this capability to automated builds in a continuous integration process
Requirements of the Cloud Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in DevOps or programming
- At least 4 years of experience in Log4J, FluentD, Kafka, and Kinesis in an Agile environment required
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile development, Scrum, XP, or Kanban
- At least 2 years of experience with automating validations with CI
- Expertise in automatically adding generic capabilities to apps via continuous integration
- Complete understanding of how to translate needs into operational requirements
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
Keywords: Cloud Engineer, Java, DevOps, CI, Continuous Integration, Log4J, FluentD, Kafka, Kinesis, Agile, Scrum, XP, Kanban
Job ID: 310752
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts