Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Engineer
St. Petersburg, FL
Requisition Number: 310787
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 310787
Our client in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area is adding an Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Engineer to its team. You will be part of a team that will implement the Enterprise monitoring strategy, develop and maintain monitoring tools. This is an opportunity to be a full-time member of a team that will be responsible for efforts to attain reliability, performance and scalability.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Help define the enterprise monitoring strategy and capability roadmap
- Provide input into monitoring tool requirements and selection
- Develop and maintain online monitors, dashboards, reports and scripts
- Optimize monitoring processes
- Provide monitoring expertise to development and production support teams for feature development and triage efforts
- Develop monitoring processes for the Production NOC team
- Provide KPI reporting and metrics
- Provide training on monitoring tools
- 5 or more years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Hands-on expertise using tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk, JProfiler, and Nagios. Dynatrace experience is highly-desirable
- Understanding of the Java/J2EE technology stack, Jboss, web technologies, experience with Unix/Linux, JDBC, relational databases, knowledge of queue technologies such as MQ/JMS.
- Experience with agile software development lifecycle methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field desired #eg1989
For immediate consideration please email your resume to: email@example.com
Job ID: 310787
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts