New Hyde Park, NY
Requisition Number: 310464
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 310464
Utilizing an Agile project management platform and a servant-leader style, the Scrum Master supports the Engineering team on its journey of continuous improvement and value-driven product development. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our products to the next level.
As a Scrum master you must facilitate all aspects of the team's planning and prioritization process. Leveraging your knowledge of the Agile platform and tools, you will have the ability to coach the team on Agile and Scrum principles with a goal of continuous improvement in these disciplines.
This position sits in Long Island, NY. Onsite attendance is required 5 days/week. All applicants must be willing to work on a W-2 basis.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Scrum Master:
- Effectively cooperate with Product Owner and Technical Leader to create an environment in which the team can increase productivity, quality, and predictability
- Responsible for operational excellence by facilitating backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily scrum, and sprint reviews
- Facilitate the Definition of Ready and Definition of Done criteria for all stories
- Resolve impediments by advocating for the team and personally trying to remove impediments or by seeking help from outside the team
- Inter-team coordination and collaboration by helping identify and track user story dependencies between scrum teams
- Eliminate roadblocks and create focus on accomplishing a goal while promoting the team’s self-management and continuous improvement
Requirements of the Scrum Master:
- Experience with Rally or a similar Agile execution and reporting tools is highly desirable
- Ability to work with and support cross-functional development teams
- Ability to track team progress and velocity using various methods including charts, graphs, etc.
- Experience working with an external client to manage defect tickets and requirement requests
- Ability to limit ego and the "desire to control" using Servant leadership practices, so that the team can self-form and self-direct its own sprint execution
Keywords: Scrum Master, Agile, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, Impediment Resolution, Issue Resolution, Rally, Jira
Job ID: 310464
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts