SQL Server DBA (Contract, In-person interview required)
Requisition Number: 310941
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 310941
Our well established client is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator to join their dedicated team in Boston.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
An in-person interview is required.
Responsibilities of the SQL Server DBA:
- Evaluate, design, and manage database systems in a client/server mainframe and cloud environment
- Define specifications for database access, format, documentation, security, backup, and recovery
- Maintain database dictionaries
- Perform validation checks
- Coordinate the installation of new/revised database systems
- Manage application upgrades and migration activities
- Produce and enhance reports
- Create and maintain procedure manuals
Requirements of the SQL Server DBA:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience as a DBA
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS (SQL Server), SQL, and COGNOS
- Working knowledge of referential integrity, triggers, and stored procedures
- Experience with data management/configuration, and internal and external data set integration
- Experience with regular data refresh, including data table modifications
- Experience with data quality initiatives to address data issues caused by inconsistencies in data
- Experience in a collaborative, team-based environment
Keywords: SQL Server Database Administrator, SQL Server DBA, RDBMS, SQL, COGNOS, Stored Procedures, Data Management, Data Configuration, Data Quality Initiative
Job ID: 310941
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts