SQL Database Administrator
Requisition Number: 310953
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 310953
Our client is an international information technology and solutions consulting company. The company is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the United States through the delivery of innovative, next-generation IT solutions. They are currently seeking a SQL Database Administrator to join their dedicated team.
Due to federal security contract requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the SQL Database Administrator:
- Ensure database servers are backup up in alignment with business protocol
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Determine the most effective way to increase performance when issues arise
- Create and maintain documentation related to the database environment
- Track and resolve database related issues
Requirements of the SQL Database Administrator:
- Experience in SQL Server operations (2008/2016)
- Experience with SQL Server Cluster (2008/2016)
- Experience with SQL Server AlwaysOn 2016
- Ability to install, configure, and manage SQL in a virtual environment
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools/applications
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to automate tasks
- Understanding of database performance tuning and optimization
- Some knowledge of Oracle database administration
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
Keywords: SQL Database Administrator, DBA, SQL Server AlwaysOn, PowerShell Scripting, Performance Tuning, Optimization, Oracle Database Administration
Job ID: 310953
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts