Windows System Administrator
Requisition Number: 311080
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 311080
Our client is a premier technology integrator with approximately 33,000 employees worldwide. With a strong commitment to supporting programs of national importance, our client is able to help solve our country’s most significant problems. They are currently looking for a Windows System Administrator to join their incredible team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Windows System Administrator:
- Perform Windows system administration activities, including technical support
- Install, configure, maintain, and support software; analyze root causes
- Utilize a ticketing system to track and resolve hardware and software problems
- Ensure all changes are made in accordance with change management procedures
- Track status of all problems within the environment through resolution
- Review monitoring logs to identify problems and resolve them
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance activities
- Monitor and provide daily reports of system performance
- Develop detailed, comprehensive documentation
Requirements of the Windows System Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or, at least 5 years of directly relevant work experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a Windows server environment
- At least 1 year of PowerShell scripting experience
- Experience configuring and managing Windows clusters
- Experience with System Center Suite (SCCM)
- Expertise in VMware ESX virtual servers on UCS/HP Blade
- Ability to analyze requirements and coordinate closely with system DBAs
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills
Keywords: Windows System Administrator, PowerShell, Windows Clusters, SCCM, VMware ESX, Clearance Job, Public Trust Clearance
Job ID: 311080
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts