Junior Linux System Administrator
Fort Knox, KY
Requisition Number: 311031
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 311031
Our client is a premier technology integrator with approximately 33,000 employees worldwide. With a strong commitment to supporting programs of national importance, our client is able to help solve our country’s most significant problems. They are currently looking for a Junior Linux System Administrator to join their incredible team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance prior to start.
Client will provide relocation assistance.
Responsibilities of the Junior Linux System Administrator:
- Provide maintenance and administration of enterprise Linux system
- Install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and document Linux architecture
- Execute performance testing and system optimization
- Provide technical support for incident response
- Implement and maintain a secure Linux server environment
Requirements of the Junior Linux System Administrator:
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in Linux system administration
- Extensive Shell scripting experience
- Must be able to obtain a Security+ certification; enrolled in CompTIA CE program prior to start date
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards
- Red Hat or Solaris Certification required
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and drive issues to resolution
Keywords: Junior Linux System Administrator, Shell Scripting, Security+, CompTIA CE, Clearance Job, Secret Clearance
Job ID: 311031
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts