Requisition Number: 311214
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 311214
We have an exciting opportunity for a Virtualization Engineer to join our leading client in DC. For this role, you must have a solid understanding of the entire OSI stack.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities of the Virtualization Engineer:
- Provide virtual desktop administration using VMware Horizon View
- Manage and administer enterprise cloud; deploy and configure automation
- Manage enterprise virtual systems and networks using VMware vROPS
- Provide application installation, support, testing, and troubleshooting
- Manage a large virtualization farm hosting multiple network management tools and applications
- Ensure stable performance of environments through performance monitoring and tuning
- Troubleshoot, upgrade, and provide solutions for complex technical issues
Requirements of the Virtualization Engineer:
- Solid experience in virtualization network infrastructure using VMware NSX
- Virtualization infrastructure experience with vSphere, VMware virtual switching, vMotion, and HA
- Experience with vRA, vROPS, and the vRealize suite
- DBA experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience with backup and restore using NetBackup
- Experience with load balance devices administration
- System monitoring experience (Zabbix)
- Excellent project management and customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Keywords: Virtualization Engineer, VMware NSX, VMware Horizon View, vSphere, vMotion, HA, vRA, vROPS, vRealize, MS SQL Server, NetBackup, Zabbix
Job ID: 311214
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts