New York, NY
Requisition Number: 311246
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 311246
Our client is a leading provider of higher education information and services to individuals and their families. They are committed to developing technologies to ensure students have all the tools they may need to succeed. Our client is currently seeking a Copy Editor to join their dedicated team.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Copy Editor:
- Accountable for the grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, consistency, copyrights, and fact-checking of all reviewed publications
- Conduct end to end reads of manuals, assess for readability, and send for final sign off
- Edit content topics for assembly into manuals, while maintaining consistency
- Serve as subject matter expert on all editorial matters and organization information related to publishing
- Edit copy to conform to a high standard of grammar
- Perform project management tasks
- Make independent judgement calls to bring publications to deadline
Requirements of the Copy Editor:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of directly relevant work experience
- Background in digital publishing, with significant experience in content management systems required
- Proven editorial ability with a complete knowledge of proofreading and copy editing symbols, and publishing standards and practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard editorial style guides (particularly Chicago and AP)
- Thorough knowledge of editing PDFs and MS Word, including track-changes fucntion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- XML experience is strongly preferred, but not required
Keywords: Copy Editor, Digital Publishing, Content Management Systems, CMS, Chicago Style, AP, MS Word, XML
Job ID: 311246
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts