Requisition Number: 311439
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 311439
Our client is an international insurance company with over 150 years of experience. As the recipient of many “Top Employers” awards, they have demonstrated that they are dedicated to making a difference not only in their community but also in the lives of their employees. They are currently looking for a Network Engineer to join their growing team.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Network Engineer:
- Coordinate and perform on-site network equipment installations, repairs, upgrades, and maintenance
- Resolve first and second level network related issues/incidents; escalate more complex issues as appropriate
- Translate business needs into technical actions to manage the technology life cycle for data network solutions
- Deliver technical solutions to internally management infrastructure and managed service providers externally
- Lead troubleshooting of complex network problems, collaborating closely with technical teams and external vendors as necessary
- Collaborate closely with security team to ensure compliance with all security standards
Requirements of the Network Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience and industry certifications (CCNP, CCDP)
- At least 5 years of progressive data network experience in a large, complex, and fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience designing, deploying, and managing network services
- Experience in a hands-on environment required; experience in a mixed environment with some vendor supported services is nice to have
- Strong knowledge of network technologies, particularly Cisco Systems routing/switching equipment
- Knowledge of WAN technologies (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS)
- Network security experience/CISSP are strong pluses
- Clear and effective communication skills, verbal and written
Keywords: Network Engineer, CCNP, CCDP, CISSP, Network Services, Network Installation, Issue Resolution, Incident Response, Vendor Management, WAN, Cisco Systems
Job ID: 311439
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts