Puppet Implementation Expert
Requisition Number: 311900
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 311900
We have an exciting opportunity for a Puppet Implementation Expert with our long-established, global client.
All work to be performed on-site in Hartford. Contract length: 4-6 months
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Puppet Implementation Expert:
- Design, develop, and implement Puppet in a Windows platform environment
- Guide and mentor coworkers on best practices related to Puppet, IaC, and build automation
Requirements of the Puppet Implementation Expert:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 6 years of experience in DevOps, system administration, automation, or network infrastructure
- Demonstrated expertise in Puppet, including extensive senior level experience
- Experience with Puppet implementation, scaling, and upgrading
- Demonstrated experience implementing and using Puppet in a Windows environment
- Experience with NetApp storage, Cisco UCS, VMware, and Windows
- Experience with Hiera and node classification tools
- Experience creating resource types, providers, and custom facts
- Experience with Windows configuration automation
- Experience with Ruby and PowerShell scripting
- Experience with GIT and Nexus
- Experience with VSTS for defect tracking and project management
- Puppet certifications are a plus
Keywords: Puppet Implementation Expert, Build Automation, Infrastructure as Code, Windows, NetApp, Cisco UCS, VMware, Hiera, Ruby, PowerShell, GIT, Nexus, VSTS
Job ID: 311900
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts