Backup and Storage Engineer
Requisition Number: 308844
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 308844
Eliassen Group is seeking a Backup and Storage Engineer to administer and enhance the backup and storage infrastructure for one of our DOJ clients in Washington DC. The successful candidate must have prior experience designing, supporting, administering backup and storage technologies in an enterprise environment. The candidate will need to have excellent people skills, strong analytical skills for trouble shooting complex issues, and attention to detail. The position is part of the Engineering and Operations team consisting of engineers and a subject matter experts who report to Engineering Systems Manager.
***This is a not a teleworking position and due to government clearance requirements, only US Citizens and Green Card holders with clearance eligibility will be considered.***
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Backup and Storage Engineer:
- Provide backup and storage operational support; ensure backups are completed as scheduled
- Ensure that backup and storage procedures meet SLAs
- Conduct periodic data restoration tasks to ensure backup systems function properly
- Diagnose and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Evaluate hardware and software to increase automated operations
- Debug hardware and software issues related to storage and backup technologies
- Coordinate vendor support for any problems escalated from support areas
- Develop and maintain documentation for multiple environments
Requirements of the Backup and Storage Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- At least 3 years of experience providing support in an enterprise backup and storage environment
- Knowledge of application security settings and industry best practices
- Strong troubleshooting skills to resolve software and hardware issues related to backup and storage devices
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or 2016
- Excellent customer support skills
Keywords: Backup and Storage Engineer, Application Security, Software, Hardware, Troubleshooting, Service Level Agreements, SLAs, Clearance Job
Job ID: 308844
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts