Requisition Number: 312166
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 312166
Our client is a leader in enabling businesses and service providers to deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Our client helps IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. They are currently looking for a SAN Engineer to join their team.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the SAN Engineer:
- Provide technical design and operational support for storage area network environments in the data center
- Make recommendations for lab infrastructure based on a strong understanding of requirements
- Perform SAN configurations and troubleshooting
- Set up, configure, and troubleshoot ethernet networks
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot hardware and software faults
- Maintain data center cabling, power, and maintenance standards
- Participate in inventory tracking
Requirements of the SAN Engineer:
- Solid understanding of Unix, Linux, Windows, and VMware Operating Systems
- Strong understanding of hardware and software interactions and its application to issues resolution
- Technical understanding of computer hardware and firmware, BIOS, iDRAC, and LOM
- Ability to read and understand technical schematics, drawings, and data sheets
- Clear and effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Hands-on experience in a data center environment or with virtualization preferred
Keywords: SAN Engineer, Storage Area Network, Data Center, Lab Infrastructure, Ethernet Networks, Cabling, Unix, Linux, Windows, VMware, Virtualization
Job ID: 312166
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts