Senior NLTK/Python Developer
Requisition Number: 306027
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 306027
Our client, a government integrator, is currently looking for a Senior NLTK/Python Developer to support modernization efforts of a large government agency. The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing Big Data analytic solutions on a Hadoop–based platform. You’ll refine a data processing pipeline focused on unstructured and semi-structured data. You’ll also support quick turn and rapid implementations and larger scale and longer duration analytic capability implementations. This is a not a teleworking position and only local candidates will be considered since an in-person interview is required.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Due to government clearance requirements, applicant must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Responsibilities of the Senior NLTK/Python Developer:
- Utilize NLTK/Python to develop high performing applications that meet business requirements
- Serve as a NLTK SME and mentor other Python developers on its application
- Support management and customer requests/inquiries regarding advanced technical applications
- Creatively solve highly complex technical problems/issues
- Facilitate and contribute to code reviews
- Provide weekly reports of tasks accomplished to direct supervisor
Requirements of the NLTK/Python Developer:
- Bachelor's degree and around 10 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python 2.7.x and common libraries
- Hands-on experience with NLTK, Anacoda, Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, RegEx, and Multiprocessing
- Experience with RESTful and SOAP web service implementations
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with Websphere, Bottle, Flask, Django, CherryPy
- Ability to perform Unit Testing
Job ID: 306027
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts